Sweet Potato Wedge & Purple Cabbage Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
Recipe courtesy of the North Carolina SweetPotato Commission
- 2 North Carolina sweetpotatoes
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons poppyseed dressing, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat grill to 400 F.
- Scrub and wash sweetpotatoes. Cut each into six wedges. (If sweetpotatoes are long, consider cutting wedges in half.) Parboil sweetpotatoes 5 minutes, drain and cool 5 minutes.
- Shred cabbage into thin slices.
- Toss sweetpotatoes with olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place sweetpotato wedges on grill perpendicular to grates over direct heat; grill about 3 minutes on each side, or until tender-crisp with grill marks on each side. Remove from grill and set aside.
- In zip-top bag or large bowl, toss cabbage with 4 tablespoons poppyseed dressing until coated. Add parsley and tomatoes; toss.
- To serve, place sweetpotato wedges on bed of dressed cabbage and drizzle with remaining poppyseed dressing then sprinkle with cheese.
- Serve warm or cold.