HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED :
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks salted or unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips – ½ cup for cookie dough and ¼ cup to melt for a garnish
- 2 large candy canes or 6 mini candy canes crushed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
HERE IS HOW YOU DO IT :
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- Cream together, butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Slowly add flour mixture. Add in ½ cup chocolate chips and stir.
- Dough may be a little sticky, wet hands before rolling or chill for 1 hour before rolling.
- Scoop into 2-inch balls, flatten into a disk, place on a baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies completely. In a freezer grade plastic bag, crush candy canes, by rolling them over with a rolling pin. Add in sugar to the crushed peppermint and shake to combine, set aside. Melt remaining ¼ cup chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, cook for an additional 15 seconds if needed. Stir until melted. Drizzle over cooled cookies with a fork and immediately sprinkle on peppermint sugar.