Make 24 cupcakes using one box mix (or your favorite recipe) and enough frosting to cover the cupcakes.
YOU WILL NEED :
- Gel Food Dye
- Pastry Bag, icing spatula or butter knife to frost your cupcakes
- Straight edge – craft stick or plastic ruler
- 1 lbs. confectionary sugar
- ¼ + 2 tablespoons cup vegetable shortening
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place powdered sugar, shortening and salt in a large bowl. Using one hand, crush shortening into the powdered sugar until equally divided. Slowly add in remaining ingredients; start by stirring with a spatula and then knead the mixture to form a dough using your hands.
Store fondant wrapped in plastic wrap and placed in an airtight container at room temperature.